Thursday, June 13, 2013

bouncing on a tight rope

Here's another activity seen at Love our Lake Day.  I never learned what this activity is called.  Participants, usually young men, sit and bounce on a 2 1/2 to 3 inch wide woven cable that has been attached between two trees.  After bouncing high enough, they jump up and balance on the cable like a tight rope walker.  Then the tricks start.  Like jump rope, if you fail at a trick or don't get back to rope walking, you give up your turn to the next guy.  They had cables at different heights from three feet off the ground to only 4 inches for the beginners.

When I finally walked away I decided 20-somethings are fearless.

5 comments:

  1. Yes. Its worldwide now. I saw this in a parc in amsterdam 2 weeks ago. Still its not easy to do. I don't know if a band gives a little extra instead of a cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's called Slacklining. It's the art or skill of "Slack Rope Walking". It's a fad that is spreading. I've been looking for it in my part of the world but no luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not something I could do, but I'd love to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe in our day we could, or at least try. Today we risk a broken hip. On June 23 on the Discovery Channel will be the guy tightrope walking across the Grand Canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny people :-)
    I couldn't to that any longer... :-(
    ciao

    ReplyDelete